Monday 16 April 2012

Week 18 - Music Double Page Spread

My double page spread follows the codes and conventions of other music magazine double page spreads.

I started off by making layers and 2pages

Next I chose a background color and applied it to my two pages and added a plain white banner

Next I inserted my images making sure the background color of them was the same as the background color I was using in InDesign (I did this through photoshop)

Next I added text to my banner and added another banner/adveritsement ot the bottom right of the second page, promoting my artists second album

Next I added all my text, pull out quotes and title.

 
I feel that my double page spread can be improved. I feel the color used for the background needs to change as it does not relate to the color's used on my front cover. Also finding text colors that fit well with the current color of my background will be quite difficult.

Loved the font used for the title here and the very simplistic color scheme

The image used to the right is very attention grabbing. I really liked and appreciated the use of eye contact here.

This double page spread I thought was very playful and fun. The colors used work well together and the layout of the page had a big impact on me as I wanted my readers to be able to locate information on a page easily the way I was able to with this double page spread.

This double page spread is where I got my idea to merge the image into the background for as I feel it gives a sense of proffesionalism and class.


Although the colors used for the actual interview page I felt were very dull and boring the image is very engaging and as a reader made me want to read on to find out why she has this huge smile on her face.



My intention was for my double page spread to represent a different ideological view of female Indian rap artists than I feel are currently being portrayed throughout music magazines. I feel that within the genre of rap in Indian music culture, female artists aren't taken as seriously as the male artists are and they either embrace one side more than the other (rap culture) or (Indian culture). My artist Yashawini Bah is an Indian woman who promotes and embraces two cultures that she loves. Yashawini is what we would call 'new money' in the social demographic table. She was not born with a silver spoon in her mouth; in fact the complete opposite. Her parents were quite poor and she has worked hard for her success.


My artist embraces both sides of her culture

My artist embraces both sides of her culture



My audience will see themselves reflected through my magazine through the use of colors, the cover stories and the ideological context that is conveyed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment