Monday 16 April 2012

Week 15 - Music Contents Page Post Production

Looking  back on my idea's before the actual production of the contents page I always intended to abide by the forms and conventions of real music magazines. I feel I havce done so as my contents page features an editors corner, well placed images and captions, sub headings, a consistent color scheme and many more things you would find in a music magazine that is currently on the market.








What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
I have learnt valuable skills when using a digital camera, I have learnt how to take pictures at many different angles and how to adjust the images directly from the camera. 


This is an example of a close up shot. I also adjusted the color and brightness directly from my digital camera.

This is an example of a medium shot taken from a top view (not birdseye) but higher than you would usually take a photo. I did not however adjust this image, I left it as it was.

This image is taken from a worm view and has also not been edited.

I also researched on the internet to get a better understand of how camera angles work and what looks most effect for different purposes.



I also learnt that sometimes adjusting images directly from my digital camera made it easier when creating a document in InDesign.

Looking back at my preliminary task I feel that my product has progressed greatly as I have a solid idea of how I want the layout of my magazine to be and how this will impact on the sales of my magazine.

After the production of my magazine contents page I looked back at all the contents pages I had looked at online and tried to see and analyse which ones had an influence on the contents page  I created.

I think that the inspiration I gained from this contents page was the link between the colors in the background to that of the artist and text.

I felt that this contents page was effective through the clear bold font for subheadings making it easier for readers to locate specific information. Although I felt it could have done with more images on the page, I feel the use of banners and advertorials made up for this.

I think this contents page influenced me the most because of its simple color scheme. I also thought the positioning of the word 'contents' and the date was well done and incorporated this idea into my own contents page.

This contents page is largely dominated by the image, this is effective and would grab readers attention because the market of magazine readers as a whole is going from 'readers' to 'viewers'. Audiences enjoy having  a flick through a magazine than actually reading the articles, so if a picture has great impact and attracts the readers attention the readers may be more willing to read the article regarding the picture.






No comments:

Post a Comment