Monday 16 April 2012

Week 11 - Music Front Cover Post-Production

Music Front Cover Post-Production


I feel that my media product followed the generic forms and conventions of real music magazines as it had all the usual features you would find on one. Headings, images, coverlines, usp, barcode etc.



My media product also challenges the forms and coventions of real media products in various ways. There are no magazines in the world right now currently offering what my magazine does. A magazine which has a vast variety of genre's, cultures and countries.Because I'm challenging the forms and conventions of music magazines on the market at the moment, I am targeting a different and much wider audience.

I feel that looking back on the front cover I have created I reached my aims and targets of what I wanted my magazine to do.

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

From creating my magazine front cover on both Photoshop and InDesign I have learnt that using layers in InDesign is important and helps when it comes to organisation and how different things look on a page. For example experimenting with fonts but not wanting to delete the background if the font is on a different layer from the background the background can be hidden by the click of a button. I found this very useful.




Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?






No comments:

Post a Comment