Monday 16 April 2012

Week 10 - Music Front Cover Production

Music Front Cover Production

Carrying out extensive research and planning before the actual production of my music magazine front cover helped greatly when it came to starting the production. I already had a clear understanding of what my audience wanted and expected from my magazine through giving out questionaires about a music magazine that was not currently on the market.

The questionaire below is an example of what the general attitude was towards the idea of a global music magazine.

INCLUDE QUESTIONAIRE AND ANSWERS

My media product challenges and abides by the forms and coventions of real media products in various ways. There are no magazines in the world right now currently offering what my magazine does. A magazine which has a vast variety of genre's, cultures and countries. There are no current Indian female rap artists who wears their traditional attire whilst performing (like the artist on the front cover of my magazine does)


Harshdeep Kaur



Because I'm challenging the forms and conventions of music magazines on the market at the moment, I am targeting a different and much wider audience. My audience would have to be those who are not neccissarily focused on one particular genre but are more interested in the world of music as a whole, for example music academics.
As my target audience was men and women between the ages of 18-45 who are interested in music from different genre’s and different parts of the world.
My magazine represents social groups of various different genre's and walks of life because my magazine is all about representing and catering for the musical tates of different types of people. For example rock music is commonly linked to white men between the age of 14-45. Where as grime music on the other hand is linked to young black youth.

Stereotype of a rock artist

Stereotype of a grime artist




I hope my magazine is representing Indian woman who embrace their culture and also people who love rap music; young males & females of all types of class and socio-demographic profile because this is what my artist of the week represents.






Through my music front cover production it came to my understanding that color scheming on InDesign was harder than I thought. For example a color scheme that I had planned using a website I found through google did not look good on InDesign because the tones clashed etc so I found mysefl having to alter these at the last minute.

INSERT FRONT COVER & TALK ABOUT CLASHING COLORS

Looking back at my preliminary task I feel that I learnt that research and planning is just as important if not more so than the practical side of creating a magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment