Monday 16 April 2012

Week 14 - Music Contents Page Production

Creating the contents page of a music magazine was the first part of our main task. I chose the genre of world music for my magazine as I feel there are currently no magazines on the market that advertise this style of music. I also chose this genre based on the facts that I know nothing about it and it would be a learning process for me too and its quite an open genre so there would be a lot I could do with it within a magazine to make it interesting for my reader.

I had an idea for my contents page to carry out a completely different color scheme to that of the front cover because the colors I used on my front cover did not work very well together.






I am designing my contents page to use the conventions of real music magazines as the slogan is usually included on there like mine is.


Also I feel I am abiding by the forms and conventions as my contents page features an editors corner, well placed images and captions, sub headings, a consistent color scheme and much more.




My media product represents different types of ethnic groups and social groups as I have a diverse range of people featured on my contents page, I show and promote that everyone is different and that is a positive thing through attire worn, text, cover lines etc.



I am attracting my audience through careful research on exactly what they would like to see featured (I carried out a questionaire which I showed in another blog). Through relevant color scheming and featuring articles and musicians my readers will be enthusistic to read about.

Here are some of the catchy cover lines I used :

  • Glen D'Angelo's deadly comeback tour
  • What music genre are you?
  • Brazilian beauty Ana Rocha on her 15 years in the spotlight
There were many others I think would have grabbed my readers attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment